Looking to buy a home in Fort Myers? Then you have come to the right place. Fort Myers, FL (incl. McGregor, Gateway, Cypress Lake, Iona, Miromar Lakes and Buckingham) features a large selection of residential real estate for sale, ranging from single-family homes to condominiums at a variety of price points. The MLS offers shown on this page are refreshed several times a day. Begin the search for your next home by utilizing our user-friendly search options below. For further personalize assistance contact us today, and McGregor Palms Realty will help you find a property that suits your needs and works within your budget.
Real-Time Property Alerts: Receive instant email notifications when a property matching your criteria is listed in the MLS (Multiple Listing Service). Our MLS database is updated several times a day and contains ALL listings for sale in Fort Myers. Take advantage of this automated, real-time notification by signing up for email updates - it's fast, easy, and best of all, it's FREE!
Fort Myers - Single Family Homes for Sale
Browse single family home listings currently for sale in the greater Fort Myers area. To request additional information on any of these MLS listings, including home features (such as pools, screened lanais, boat docks etc.), property disclosures, construction details, community amenities (e.g. availability of tennis and golf courts, boat slips etc.), past sales history (incl. dates and prices of other comparables recently sold), contact McGregor Palms Realty today and allow one of our REALTORS to assist you with your search.
Showing the newest home listings in Fort Myers. Click here to view all single family homes for sale in Fort Myers.
Single Family Homes for Sale
Fort Myers - Condominiums & Townhouses for Sale
Below you can browse condominium and townhome listings located throughout the greater Fort Myers metro area. If you find any of these properties of interest and would like to request additional information such as homeowners' association dues, community amenities and restrictions, condo docs, reserve studies, assessments, past sales history, or to schedule a private showing, contact one of our local real estate agents at McGregor Palms Realty today.
Showing the newest condo & townhouse listings in Fort Myers. Click here to view all condos & townhomes for sale in Fort Myers.
Condos & Townhouses for Sale
Fort Myers - Vacant Lots / Land for Sale
Below you can view residential vacant lots and land for sale in the Fort Myers area (incl. Buckingham). To request additional information for specific properties that may be of interest to you, including zoning, vacant land disclosures, availability of city water and sewer connections, land use restrictions, assessments, past sales history or to schedule a free no-obligation consultation, contact one of our experts in vacant land sales today.
Showing the newest vacant lots and land listings in Fort Myers. Click here to view all vacant lots and land for sale in Fort Myers.
Vacant Residential Lots / Land for Sale
Top Reasons Why Fort Myers is a Great Place to Buy a Home
- Tropical Beaches: The Fort Myers area is famed for its stunning beaches. With white sand and clear waters, these beaches provide great locations for relaxation, sunbathing and swimming.
- Perfect Weather: The city enjoys a tropical climate, meaning you can expect an average temperature of around 75°F, with winters being particularly mild.
- Outdoor Activities: Outdoor enthusiasts will find an abundance of activities to enjoy, from boating and fishing in the Gulf of Mexico and the Caloosahatchee River, to hiking and biking in the local parks and nature reserves.
- History: Fort Myers has a rich historical heritage, best experienced at the Edison and Ford Winter Estates, where you can see the winter homes of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford.
- Nature: For nature lovers, Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve offers guided walks where you can learn about local flora and fauna.
- Family-Friendly: Fort Myers has a reputation for being a family-friendly city, with a low crime rate, good public and private schools, and plenty of family-oriented activities and events.
- Cost of Living: While providing all the amenities of a coastal city, Fort Myers generally offers a lower cost of living compared to many other coastal cities in Florida.
- Arts and Culture: The city boasts a vibrant cultural scene with numerous museums, art galleries, and theaters. Highlights include the Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall, which hosts local and international artists.
- Dining: Foodies can enjoy fresh seafood caught locally, along with a wide array of dining options ranging from high-end restaurants to casual eateries, featuring cuisines from around the world.
- Shopping: Fort Myers offers diverse shopping experiences, from charming beach-side boutiques to the expansive Bell Tower Shops, offering a mix of national retailers and local businesses.
- Healthcare: The city is home to several high-quality hospitals and healthcare facilities, including Lee Memorial Hospital and Golisano Children's Hospital, ensuring residents have access to top-notch medical care.
- Job Market: With a growing economy, Fort Myers has a thriving job market, particularly in sectors such as healthcare, education, and tourism.
About Fort Myers, FL
Fort Myers, located on Florida's southwest coast, possesses numerous qualities that make it an appealing city for individuals seeking a new place to call home. One of its most enticing aspects is its breathtaking natural beauty. With its pristine beaches, charming waterfronts, and abundant green spaces, Fort Myers offers an enchanting environment for those desiring a relaxed coastal lifestyle. The region's pleasant year-round weather, characterized by warm temperatures and abundant sunshine, further enhances its appeal by providing ample opportunities for outdoor activities and enjoyment of the area's natural wonders.
The greater Fort Myers metro area encompasses a relatively large geographical area located in the heart of Lee County, it is composed of the City of Fort Myers (downtown and riverside districts), South Fort Myers (McGregor corridor, Cypress Lake, Iona), Buckingham, Gateway and San Carlos Park. These areas offer home buyers a robust and rapidly growing real estate market with great opportunities for those in search of a new place to live. Fort Myers provides a wide range of housing options, including affordable single-family homes, magnificent waterfront estates, luxury condos, family-friendly neighborhoods, and historic homes with charm and character. Many of these properties are located on canals and feature private boat docks, and yet others have direct gulf access via the Caloosahatchee River and the Bay of San Carlos.
The Fort Myers area serves as home to some of the regions most sought after communities (incl. Gulf Harbour, Fiddlesticks, Kelly Greens, Paseo, Riva del Lago, The Landings, Legends, Botanica Lakes, Reflection Isles, McGregor Isles, Grandezza). Each of these communities has its own charm and amenities which can include pools, golfing, tennis, boating, marinas and fitness clubs, ensuring a perfect fit for your Florida lifestyle of choice.
Compared to other coastal cities in Florida, the cost of living in Fort Myers is relatively affordable, allowing residents to enjoy a high quality of life without straining their budgets. Additionally, the city's convenient location grants easy access to nearby attractions, such as the picturesque islands of Sanibel and Captiva, as well as the beaches of Estero Island (also known as Fort Myers Beach), further enhancing the area's appeal as a great place to settle down.
Our local real estate experts at McGregor Palms Realty can provide you with comprehensive information on real estate opportunities throughout the greater Fort Myers metro area. We are constantly adding new information to this site, so please make sure to bookmark this page and check back often.